It is well recognized that no longer will be able to continue to consume
such huge quantities of energy and raw materials and generate wastes which
are difficult to dispose of, and that we need to move towards systems
which are non-damaging to the environment and which emphasize renewable
resources. In order to realize this common objective, we have an
International Association of Wood Products Societies.|
The International Association of Wood Products Societies aims to :
- Facilitate international understanding, information exchange and
cooperation in solving world-wide problems affecting the wood products industry.
- Focus on developing new and more effective technologies to meet
the world's needs for wood and fiber products.
- Promote technologies which balance optimal forest resource use
with sustainable ecosystem needs to provide jobs and competitiveness with
industries that rely on nonrenewable resources.
- Include wood and wood products societies and organizations in the
world supported by the wood products industry.
- Distribute pertinent information to IAWPS members.
- Facilitate international meetings, symposia, and conferences.
- Maintain an international directory of wood and wood products societies
and organizations .
This organization has as a common objective of supporting the continuing
development of the science and technology of wood and the optimization of
Issued : August 3, 2004, Sapporo, Japan